When turning or stopping my car makes beeping noises 1996...

Q: When turning or stopping my car makes beeping noises

asked by on September 26, 2017

Whenever I slow down to a stop or make a wide turn my car makes anywhere from one to three distinct beeping noises. It makes the same kind of beeping noise you'd hear if you left the car lights on while opening the door or when the key is still in the ignition when turning the car off. I just want to make sure it isn't serious. It doesn't seem to be every time, but I feel that each day it gets slowly worse.

Hi Christian. Thanks for contacting us today. If the beeping noise appears to be coming from inside the cabin, it’s possible that there is some sort of electrical short that is activating a warning light indicator. If the noise appears to be coming from outside the car, near the front specifically, that might be an indication of a worn bushing on a steering component. If you could, let us know where the noise is coming from - so we can help you diagnose this problem correctly and recommend a good course of action.