Q: Weird Noise from Transmission

asked by on February 14, 2018

I am hearing a clicking noise whenever I put my car on neutral. It also clicks when I press down the brake pedal and let go but not very often. The noise is coming from the gear selector. This occurs quite a lot when the temperature outside is really cold.

Is this normal or should I be worried and do a transmission fluid change?

You did not mention if you have a manual or automatic transmission. The shift lock will make a click when pressing on brake and may be louder than normal and need to be replaced.