Q: The dealership i bought my 2008 honda accord just put 10w-30 in it is that okay to do

Just wondering if it's okay to put 10w-30 into my car because the dealership just put it in right now

10w-30 will work just fine in your vehicle. The numbers that describe the oils depict their respective viscosities at low and high temperatures. The first number shows the oil’s viscosity at low temperatures and the last number shows the oil’s viscosity at high temperatures. The ‘w’ means winter, implying the viscosity at which the oil will flow when the car is starting or at low temperatures. The 5w30 oil will flow better at low temperatures than the 10w40 oil will. This means that the 5w30 oil will protect the engine better at low temperatures, usually when the engine is just starting or during weather conditions such as winter. At high temperatures, the 5w30 oil is thinner than that of 10w40 since 30 is lower than 40. These numbers, however, do not depict the actual viscosities of the oils at extreme temperatures. Depending on your location and the weather in your area, these numbers may apply differently to your specific vehicle and situation.

3. The dealership i bought my 2008 honda accord just put 10w-30 in it is that okay to do