Q: The Crankshaft Position Sensor broke at the block - how do i get it out? 1998 Chrysler Cirrus

The CPS broke at the block as I was removing it. It has about 11/2 inch left out of the block but I cant get anything in there to grip it.

Hello - I would soak it with penetrating oil (WD-40, PB Blaster, etc.) overnight, then try drilling the sensor for a screw/bolt extractor. If that fails, you may have to keep drilling with larger and larger bit sizes until, you can deform the thin metal liner of the sensor enough to get hold of it and pull it out. For assistance, I recommend a crankshaft position sensor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, solve this problem, and install a new sensor for you.

• The Crankshaft Position Sensor broke at the block - how do i get it out? 1998 Chrysler Cirrus