Q: The battery light shows on my dash, and my car wont start. Should I replace my alternator or battery?

When I turn on the battery my lights and everything works. The dash shows a battery symbol, among other lights. When I put in the clutch and try to start my car, it wont start. I jumped it and it worked perfectly, up until I turned it off. I would like to take it to the dealership only I don't want to spend a fortune on costs. Question is: Should I replace my battery or my alternator?

3. The battery light shows on my dash, and my car wont start. Should I replace my alternator or battery?