Q: My elctronic power steering stops working when im driving

When driving my steering works fine then all of a sudden power steering fails. I checked the fuse under the hood and it is rusted. I havent replaced it yet but i read that many people have this same problem

If a rusted fuse were causing an intermittent connection, of course that might explain the periodic steering interruption. Simply replacing the fuse though won’t be sufficient. The contacts in the fuse holder will have to be carefully cleaned of all corrosion and a conductive anti-oxidizing compound used to prevent rust from quickly returning. If you want this issue addressed by a certified mechanic right at your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic/inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. My elctronic power steering stops working when im driving