Q: Steering wheel noise, wheels rolled over the tires' sidewall

I've noticed a popping noise each time I turn the steering wheel to the limit. It makes a single, loud sound. Another issue I've noticed is with the wheels. They look like they are rolled over the tires' side wall. This is apparent when I park the car with the wheels on the front turned to side. What should I do?

Hello there, this is not a common fault on the 2002 Mercedes CL500. There are a few potential causes for a clunk like this. The most likely would be a failed ball joint, failing power steering rack, tie rod end, or a strut mount. If the tires sidewall appears damaged it should not be driven on as sidewall damage can cause tire failure. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose this popping noise and address the tire sidewall condition.

3. Steering wheel noise, wheels rolled over the tires' sidewall