Q: Q: Starting Problems

My car only starts for me. If anyone else tries to start it, it clicks but won't start. My daughter and I watched how I turned the key and then how she did it. When I tried it her way, it wouldn't start. She can't get it to turn over doing it my way. Any guesses? It has a battery around a year old and a new altenator that's around a year old.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Honda Element. From what you’ve described, the problem you’re having sounds like an issue with the ignition switch. When it is turned it is losing contact. I would suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your starting issue firsthand. They’ll be able to replace your ignition switch for you if it’s proven to be faulty.

3. Q: Starting Problems