Q: Starter or solenoid not working.

Was driving down the road, and hydroplaned into a deeeep puddle, causing water to go over the hood. Car was sitting in water, pulled it out to make sure exhaust wasn't in it. Towed it home, and checked everything, air filter wasnt too wet, but there was water on top of the spark plugs, mixed with oil on top. So we took the plugs out, and tried to start the car, and it just clicks. We checked all the fuses, and battery works because the lights still come on. I'm just confused on if it could be something other than the starter or solenoid

If the air filter was even "a little wet", then it’s more than likely that a little water made it’s way into one or more cylinders and hydro-locked the engine. There is more than likely at least one bent connecting rod making the engine impossible to start. Try attaching a socket and large ratchet or breaker bar to the crankshaft bolt to rotate the engine by hand. If the engine does not rotate, then the engine has been damaged due to water getting into the cylinders. If you would like to have this looked at in person, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start and let you know what faults exist.

3. Starter or solenoid not working.