Q: speedometer tacometer and cruise not working

speedometer, cruise control and tacometer suddenly stopped working. everything else is working fine.engine check light is not on. need to know what may be the issue, how can i diagnose it myself? what would be my options to fix it?

It seems as if the vehicle speed sensor may have a malfunction. The vehicle speed sensor is typically mounted externally to the transmission. This sensor sends a signal to the powertrain control module which then sends a signal to your gauge cluster. The gauge cluster will then display the RPMs of the engine and the speed of the vehicle. I would recommend having the sensor tested by a qualified professional to determine its Integrity. If the sensor is faulty I would recommend having it replaced in order to resolve the issues you are having.

3. speedometer tacometer and cruise not working