Charging system light.

My charging system light came on when I was arriving at a destination and I turned car off then after I left I started the car and started driving and then it came back on and started making a funny noise

The charging system light will illuminate when the vehicle control system detects a problem with either the battery or the alternator. Typically, the alternator is the cause for the light. If the alternator is not able to maintain the battery charge while the vehicle is being operated, this light will illuminate to warn the driver service is necessary and soon as the battery may die while operating the vehicle. If the battery charge falls too low, this may damage the battery and it will need to be replaced. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look to check vehicles charging system and offer a more personal diagnosis.