Q: Speedometer is not working.

asked by on March 03, 2017

I have replaced the abs sensor on the rear diff, and the vss in the transmission and the speedos still not working.

Check the wiring harness from the gauge cluster to the speedometer and see if the gauge is working. If the gauge is not working, then the gauge cluster would need replaced. If the gauge is working, then there could be a break in the wiring from the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) to the ECM (Engine Control Module) or from the ECM to the gauge cluster. If you need further assistance with your speedometer not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.