Q: Sloppy manual shifter on a '97 BMW 325i

I have a '97 BMW 325I and my manual shifter is sloppy in and out of gear. What is it and how hard is it to fix?

3. Sloppy manual shifter on a '97 BMW 325i

Q: Q: Manual transmission won't go into any gears.

Hi there. It is possible that the transmission may have gotten into the wrong gear at the wrong time and could have damaged that counter shaft or the main shaft in the transmission. First drain the oil from the transmission...

Q: How often does a 2011 BMW 328i really need to get oil changed? My light has come back on at under 5,000 miles. 2011 BMW 328i

Hi - the # of miles between oil and filter changes is perhaps the 2nd longest running discussion since someone said "My car is faster than your car!". Driving conditions: clean air/dusty, freeway/city stop-and-go, long drives vs 3 minute "around...

Q: Grinding during shifting from third into fourth gear and reverse

Hello. There are some common issues with this car that will cause this. Most of the time, changing the oil in the transmission will help. If the fluid does not fix it, then it can be a failing clutch, as...