Q: Silencer disconnected

The silencer seems to be disconnected from the rest of the exhaust tube. The silencer wiggles when I touch it. When the engine is started, it sounds like a motorbike.

A: Hi. This problem could be from a loose or b...

Hi. This problem could be from a loose or broken connection on the exhaust. If all appears to be in good condition, you can have someone cover the exhaust tip with some rags, and listen under the car for the location of the leak. Beyond this, I would suggest taking the vehicle to a qualified mechanic to diagnose the source and cause of your noisy engine/exhaust issue.