Q: Intermittent failure to accellerate

asked by on December 22, 2016

I May and in December I pressed the accelerator and the car failed to respond and after a couple of minutes it did accelerate

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

This may be a result of a couple of different things, but is most commonly associated with a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.