Q: Shift to P to drive when I'm already driving?

I feel like it only happens in the morning. When I'm driving the car stops like it's died and says Shift to P to drive and it's basically broken down. After I put it in Park I try to turn it on and it makes a sound like it's hesitated to start. This is very dangerous when I'm driving anyway!

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Try to contact a dealer in your area to see if your vehicle is under the recall for the transmission parking pawl problem. This may fix the problem you are having. There are a few other recalls that your vehicle may have for other problems also, and can get them fixed at the same time.