Q: Shift lock

Hey, I'm having trouble with my 1998 Nissan Altima it won't go out of park and I don't see the shift lock button anywhere in the car . What should I do ?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1998 Nissan Altima. Your car does not have a shift lock solenoid but does have a shift interlock cable. You will need to have the shift lock cable accessed in the center console on the right side of the floor shifter so you can see if the lock cable is moving when you cycle the key. If not, the problem is in the steering column. If you would like a certified mechanic to help, have a technician from YourMechanic inspect your car shifting problem at your home or office.