Q: Rocker Arms

asked by on November 04, 2017

How many Rocker Arms are in the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7L Hemi? Are rocker arms universal or do I need to purchase a left and right?

Hi Ricky. Thanks for contacting us today. Today’s modern engines don’t have older style; individual rocker arms. They are in an assembly (or multiple ones) that are replaced as a set if one is damaged. Intake rocker arm assemblies are different than the exhaust assembly. I would strongly suggest that you purchase a service and repair manual for your Dodge Charger to learn more about how the internal combustion engine works on your vehicle, so you have a better understanding of the how the cylinder head hardware works - so you can make the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr