Q: Replaced a timing belt and timing belt tensioner pulley. Still wont run. Why?

My timing belt snapped. And i replaced it. I also wound up replacing the timing belt tensioner pulley. I put t all back together and the car sputters as if it wants to start. The wires and everything are good. And i have fuel pressure. But it sounds like it wants to start. Any idea why?

If you broke the timing belt while driving then you may have bent the valves. You should have the engine compression checked to see if you are loosing compression due to bent valves. If compression is low then have cylinders leak tested to see which cylinder is leaking and what valves are bent.

• Replaced a timing belt and timing belt tensioner pulley. Still wont run. Why?