I accidentally fixed broken mirror, now owner wants me to...

Q: I accidentally fixed broken mirror, now owner wants me to pay for ordered used part

asked by on April 29, 2017

During oil change asked mechanic to look at my driver side mirror, which was stuck in position and cdnt becoperated by controller. Owners' son said he'd try to fix when I returned. In return, 2nd mechanic said it cdnt be fixed so owner ordered a used part. On the day the part came in, I was flipping my mirror out after parking, hit the mirror and IT WORKED! Now owner wants me to pay for used mirror; says can't return a used part. Like garage, pricing & staff. What shd I do??

Hi There, You will need to review the return/exchange policy of the shop where the mirror was ordered/purchased. Many different shops have various return and exchange policies that may or may not be universal in terms of ordering and returning parts.