Q: 2005 Ford escape, door ajar issues making alarm go off randomly and lights on even when door is closed

asked by on May 20, 2017

I have a 2005 Ford escape. Lately the alarm goes off randomly and I'll get the passenger door ajar light on. It'll keep the dome lights on causing battery to die. Seems like it's sporatic and goes off randomly. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when you have an error with a door ajar warning light or the alarm constantly going off, it’s caused by an open electrical circuit or a failure of one of the multiple sensors that monitors these systems. There are more than (5) individual sensors that trigger this alarm, so it’s probably a good idea to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a warning light inspection so they can isolate the source of this issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr