Hello. I'm getting a "-42600" code when I start my car. 2...

Hello. I'm getting a "-42600" code when I start my car. 2002 Mercedes Benz ML500 Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the [battery](/topics-battery-mercedes/) fully charged? Yes, they do. The battery is c...

Hello. I'm getting a "-42600" code when I start my car. 2002 Mercedes Benz ML500 Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the [battery](/topics-battery-mercedes/) fully charged? Yes, they do. The battery is charged as far as I know Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML500 yourself? What have you tried so far? All I've had done are the brakes changed. Nothing with this because I've no clue what it is. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? I think that should do it. Thank ya. Ok.

Automotive Expert
Hello my name is\*\*\*\*\* will be assisting you today. I hope your day is going well so far.
Automotive Expert
Hello, I see you had a question regarding the -42600 on the dash. All that is , is the maintenance reminder telling you that you are past due by 42,600 miles. that mainly means that no one ever reset the dash for the maintenance reminder. I have attached a video on how to reset it for you. I hope this helps. If you have any follow up questions regarding this issue, or if you need clarification on something I said, please let me know. I want to be sure you are happy with today's experience. If you are satisfied with my help you can proceed to rating using the stars so we can complete your question. If you feel I earned one, BONUSES are ALWAYS appreciated. Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. Lou [VIDEO LINK](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Gt29wzPRk)

Thank you for responding. I do not see any actual link for the video. It only says: "VIDEO LINK" but it's not accessible for a video.
Automotive Expert
you can click on that link, if not here is the actual link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Gt29wzPRk Let me know if that helps. Lou

That looks pretty simple, even I can do that. LoL.Thank you very much, I appreciate it!Where is the rating thing at?
Automotive Expert
Yes its super easy, just have to hope the knob in the dash works, worst case you will have to have a dealer or shop clear it with a scan tool. Not sure what you are using to communicate but a text or email or message will come across. Lou

Android. I'll keep a look out for it.Found it. Gave a "5".
Automotive Expert
Very much appreciated :) Be safe, Lou