Q: Reduced power twice

What is the proper fix for the reduced power problem . This has happened twice in one month since we purchased this car new. My mechanic told me that the high pressure fuel pump is the problem, and that would not let him replace this pump the first time the problem happened.

Hi There, Unfortunately, there are numerous reasons that may cause your car to go into a reduced power mode. This may be a result of engine control problems or potentially a transmission control problem. Things that may cause this might be low oil pressure, a faulty engine control module (ECM), a bad catalytic converter, an overheating engine and many other things. The transmission may go into a reduced power mode in the event that it overheats, is low on transmission fluid or the transmission control module may have detected an internal problem or error. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to provide a second opinion.