Q: my brakes all of a sudden started making a grinding loud noise. the grinding continues while driving even brakes are not applied.

the grinding is very loud. o have an appt at folsom lake honda to check brakes. obviously its huge break issue. how much will this cost?

A: Hi there: Depending on what's causing ...

Hi there:

Depending on what's causing the grinding noise; whether it's the brake pads grinding on the rotor, it's possible that the rotors and pads both need to be replaced. However, if the car is making a similar sound when brakes are not applied, this could be the wheel bearings; which are different components. We can't really give you an accurate estimate on how much the dealership will charge, but in general, our mobile mechanics can complete the same brake rotor and disc repair for about 30 percent less than most shops and dealerships. Best advice we can offer is to have the dealership give you an estimate on repairs and damage, but contact one of our local mechanics to complete a brakes are making a grinding noise inspection so we can give you a second opinion.