Q: We have a tapping noise coming from our 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

asked by on July 24, 2017

2001 Dodge Grand caravan sport. Just changed our starter two weeks ago. No there is a loud tapping noise. It does sound like it is coming from the started. Not exactly sure. We couldnt start the van for a day without jumping it. Got the battery recharged, had the starter checked. AutoZone said starter and battery was good. Don't know what else could be the problem. I have video recording of what it sounds like. Please help with information, God bless.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If this noise is coming from the starter and it has been occurring ever since installing the starter then first make sure that the starter is securely mounted. If it is then it may not be fully engaging or it may simply be bad. If you need help diagnosing this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is making a tapping noise] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/noise-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr