Q: Problem with new PCM

I bought a new PCM online, i had the PCM flashed specifically for my VIN number. The car still wont start though. I have unplugged the negative side of the battery for an hour to try and reset the codes, it still wont work. I need to know why the car wont start.

A: You will have to have visit a dealer with a...

You will have to have visit a dealer with a DRB III scanner to initialize the PCM with a dealer code. The anti-theft system requires this to be done whenever a new PCM is installed. It will not work unless this is done. The dealer is the only one that can do this since an enable code needs to be used for the PCM to work correctly.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the vehicles location to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.