Q: I have a 2010 Camaro RS with an llt engine. How exactly would I take the thermostat housing off to replace the gasket & o-ring ?

asked by on December 06, 2016

When I attempted to get the thermostat housing off in the first place so i could change the gasket and o-ring it appeared that it was being blocked by either my cold air Intake manifold plenum or my water pump. Can you please inform me of how exactly I should go about changing this gasket and o-ring ? You can contact me at wolfheaven503@gmail.com. please help asap :)

The coolant pipe near thermostat cover will need to be removed for access to thermostat. If you have an aftermarket cold air intake plenum then you may have to remove upper and lower housing thermostat housing to get to the thermostat.