Q: How does the Smart Lock system work?

How does the Smart Lock system work?

A: Your car is equipped with a Smart Lock syst...

Your car is equipped with a Smart Lock system designed to help reduce the chance that you’ll lock your keys in the car. Here’s how it works:

• When a front door is opened and the door lock switch used to lock all the doors, all four doors will lock, but then automatically unlock if the key is still in the car.

• You can still lock all the doors even with the key in the ignition, but it requires manually locking each door. You can also do it by using the key to lock the driver’s door or using the remote to lock the doors.

• The car can be locked up with the key in the switch at any time if neither front door is opened.