Q: Power seat will move forward but not back, how can I fix this?

asked by on November 09, 2016

I can electronically move seat forward but not back. How can I fix this, it's the drivers seat.

Power Seat is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the adjuster motor is failing, seat track is binding, or the switch has failed. Check for power and ground to the motor while using the switch; if they are available upon command, then the motor is faulty and in need of replacement. However, since the motor moves the seat forward and only needs the voltage reversed to move the seat in reverse, I suspect the switch is faulty and will need to be replaced. I suggest acquiring a qualified technician to perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a power seat inspection.