Q: Coolant is leaking also smoke is coming from engine.

I'm having coolant leaking from the center bottom of engine. White smoke is coming from engine also. No oil or coolant has mixed either. Please help!!! Thank you!!!

A: If the white smoke is coming from the engin...

If the white smoke is coming from the engine / engine bay, then it's possible that the leaking coolant is coming into contact with hot engine and/or exhaust components and causing the smoke. If the white smoke is coming from the tail pipe and has a sweet smell to it, then there can be an internal engine failure such as a head gasket or intake manifold leaking. If the smoke is from the engine, then pressure testing the cooling system for leaks may locate the leak. A certified technician can diagnose a coolant leak by either pressure testing and / or dye testing the cooling system. Pressure testing will apply pressure to the cooling system while the vehicle is off and force the coolant from the leaking component. If that does not help isolate the leak, then a special dye visible under black light can be added to the cooling system. The dye will leak out along with the coolant and it's trail will be visible with the black light.