Q: Powertrain sensor fault

Every thing is fine but the moment you engage the gear for to accelerate it rather go opposite side can not be able to speed up the car and how do rectify it?

Hello, thanks for writing in. From what you describe it would appear that your transmission may not be engaging. This can be caused by many things. A few common causes are a bad shifter, computer problems, solenoid or switch issues, or a bad transmission. The first thing I would do is check the shifter. If the shifter is physically broken or damaged it may not be able to put the transmission in gear. Problems with the computer, or internal transmission issues can also cause similar symptoms. If the check engine light is on I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved to see if that may solve the issue. If the shifter checks out then it may be possible that the issue is more serious, and may require a professional diagnosis.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.