Q: Power steering wheel making noise

There is a low whining noise when turning the power steering wheel.

The first thing to check is the power steering fluid with the engine off. Add fluid if it is low and recheck for noise. If the fluid is very dark colored, a flush may be needed. If the fluid was ok and there is no air in the system, the pump may be going bad. It is also possible that a restriction in one of the hoses or the steering gear itself could be the source. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your steering wheel’s noise.

3. Power steering wheel making noise