Q: Power steering loss, no belts are turning but the car is running fine. I also have a soft pedal. Whats wrong with my car?

Thanksgiving day my family and I get into the car. Car kicked on after we struggled with the battery. The time I drove before this was thanksgiving morning around 2am-4am. Nothing was wrong with my car until I went to start it later that night.

The power steering was lost. It didnt go out when I was driving. It was already lost before I even moved the car

Then we pulled my car up under the carport to pop the hood open and seen that all the belts weren't spinning but the car still running.

I have a Convertible. Not sure whats wrong.

I have only seen this situation once in my 30+ years and it turned out to be a broken crankshaft pulley. Belts are driven by the engine. The crankshaft pulley spins the belts, which in turn spin the air conditioner compressor, power steering and water pumps, and the alternator. The vehicle should be towed to your local repair shop and not driven. Without the water pump spinning to circulate the coolant, the engine will quickly overheat and result in more extensive damage.

3. Power steering loss, no belts are turning but the car is running fine. I also have a soft pedal. Whats wrong with my car?