Q: Power steering fluid leaking

I would like to drive it to town to get it checked and fixed because I can not afford a tow. I have put stop leak in it. Will this hurt the pump?

Hi, thanks for writing in. A stop leak will not hurt the pump, and can sometimes cure a power steering leak temporarily, but should not be considered a permanent fix. But it will likely be safe for you to go home with it and get it fixed as soon as possible. If you would like help fixing your leak, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this leak for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.