Q: Possibly blew head gasket

My car overheated, and I believe I blew the head gasket. I put water in the radiator, and it throws it back out of the radiator. It's not circulating.

A: If water was being added while the engine w...

If water was being added while the engine was still hot, this may be the cause for the water being expelled as it boils almost immediately as it comes into contact with hot components. If a cool engine is creating enough pressure in the cooling system to expel water, there may be a head gasket leaking engine compression into the cooling system. I recommend having an experienced technician to verify the situation and quite possibly replace the engine.