Q: Pink froth around belt

Opened up the hood and looked at the belt to see if it was broken because my battery light came on and I noticed a pink froth around the belt

The only pink fluid I can think of that is near the belt would be the power steering fluid. If your red battery light came on, it is likely that your belt has slipped off of the power steering pulley causing a loss of power to all belt driven accessories. The pink froth is likely a leak of power steering fluid that may have been there prior to the belt coming off or it may have happened as a result of the belt slipping off. I would recommend having your power steering system inspected for leaks and have the pump and belt replaced as necessary. Consider YourMechanic for this service as it can be completed at your home or office.