Q: P0113 error code. MAF unit and harness is fine. What is the issue?

Hello,

My dad has a 2003 Ford Escape 3.0L V6. The check engine light came on, and I decided to try and fix the issue myself. I plugged in my scanner code OBDII tool, and it output a P0113 error code (intake air temperature sensor voltage high). Also, when I drive the SUV, the idling RPM fluctuates between 800 and 1000 rpm and when I floor the gas pedal, the engine does not rev past 2000 rpm and tops out at 20 mph.

The MAF has the Air intake temperature sensor built in. The MAF, wiring harness, and connections are fine. The air filter was recently replaced with a new one.

Given this, what could be the problem? Is the PCM bad? Is the OBDII tool wrong?

3. P0113 error code. MAF unit and harness is fine. What is the issue?