Q: Over bumps, chime sounds and warning lights come on

This happens at various speeds over railroad tracks and bumps in the road: a chime sounds as all the warning lights come on. Also, the driver’s side latch had stopped working and I’m not able to open the driver’s door electronically any more. This has happened several times. I took my SUV to a mechanic and it was supposedly repaired; however, the same problem is still happening. What can be done to fix this problem permanently?

There have been 2 recalls for a failed driver door window power switch which also disables the driver door locking mechanism. These recalls are 14309 (current recall) and 13V-248 (the original recall). Contact your dealer for service under these recalls.