Q: The car won't start, it shutters I'm not sure if it's an oil problem or spark plug problem

asked by on March 09, 2018

I was on the highway and began losing power slightly along with the car beginning to shutter. Pulled over let it cool down and couldn't get it to start without shuttering a bunch afterwards. Not sure if it's spark plugs or no oil or what the situation is

Hi Galen. Thanks for contacting us today. The first thing I would do is check the oil level to ensure this is not the problem. If your oil level is good, and the oil is clean (meaning it does not have a milky look to it), then it’s likely that your issue is related to an ignition timing or fuel restriction problem. However, without completing an on-site inspection, any repair suggestions would simply be guesses, so it’s probably best to have the car inspected by a mobile mechanic first.