Q: Q: Throttle body relearn

I had my throttle body changed about 3 days ago and after all unhooking battery nd reset computer still high idle and revving.Can Anyone help

Hi There, As you may know, the new throttle body installed in your engine needs to go through a "re-learning" process with the ECU to bring the idle back down. Try doing the following which should bring the idle back down to a normal operating level:

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal. 2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds. 3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. If you have access to a scanner, scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them. 4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 45-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

This should bring your idle back down to normal. Should you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic to schedule an appointment to have one of our qualified mechanics come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Q: Throttle body relearn