Q: odd noise coming from wheel area

I have a automatic car and to get a better launch I held the brake and let the car rev to about 2500 then let of the brake and Floored the gas. Today I was noticing coming off of a red light that my car sounded like the tires lost grip for a brief second then grabbed could this be a bigger problem?

A: Racers call that power braking. It sounds l...

Racers call that power braking. It sounds like you spun the tires off the line. That is a normal thing to happen when you take off aggressively. In a more powerful vehicle, the tires can spin for much longer than you experienced. Be careful to not do this very often, as this will contribute to premature failure of your transmission components. This generates a lot of heat within the transmission and it is not designed for continued use in this manner. If the problem persists or gets even worse, get in touch with a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can inspect your tire wear and determine if any adjustments or repairs are necessary.