Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-5336-vtijmijs:173:8

Q: Occasional difficulty reversing

Recently, I've noticed that my manual transmission doesn't work as well as it used to. It has troubles going into reverse. I checked the shifter along with the transmission fluid and everything looks fine. This issue occurred all of the sudden. It happens sporadically. Sometimes I have no problems reversing while other times, it takes time for me to finally get it to work. Other gears work great. What could cause this? Thank you in advance.

A: Manual transmissions use synchronizers as b...

Manual transmissions use synchronizers as buffers between the engagement of the gears. When a manual is difficult to get into reverse, it is either due to the reverse lockout failing or the reverse synchro being worn and taking a few tries to line up for the gear to change. If you would like to have this verified, a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your shifting issue and perform any repairs you may require.