Q: Not shifting from neutral

The vehicle will not shift from neutral. Also their is an M beside the Neutral on the dashboard that indicates I may have put the car in manual mode or there may be a blown fuse/brake light that is causing my car not to shift.

A: Hi, I would check and make sure your brake ...

Hi, I would check and make sure your brake lights are working. Most cars won’t let you shift gears if the computer doesn’t see that your foot is on the brake. The computer knows if you are on the brakes from your brake switch connected to the brake pedal. If this is faulty the computer won’t know that your foot is on the brake and will not let you shift gears. If none of your brake lights work, then the switch is most likely faulty. One of our certified technicians would be able to help you diagnose why your car is hard to shift if this is not the solution.