Q: Nissan Altima 06 rps go up and down and now it shuts down while driving.

Hello, well everything started when i performed a tune up, i clean the throttle body with a special cleaner, everything was fine until i decided to disconnect the connections to remove it and clean it better, after that put it back just the way it was and rps started to go up and down. i drove the car like that since it was still running, but now i notice that the engine sounds week like a super old car it makes noises like is about to shut down, and well eventually it does if i'm driving and make a hard stop the car would shut down, sometimes i have to attempted to start multiple times until it starts. currently im using uber and will be taking my car to a mechanic which i dont trust but i have no other option, i wonder if any of you guy might have any ideas. i use my code reader and shows P0300 i already replace 2 or 3 coils spark plugs were changed few months ago like September or so oil keep going quick, car runs btw if i dont press the accelerator the car kind of slows down. ty al

Hi there. It looks as if your Nissan is experiencing a random misfire issue; as this is what the P-0300 OBD-II trouble code typically indicates. If more than one cylinder misfires, this will increase or decrease the revolutions per minute (RPM) of the crankshaft. If that increase and/or decrease is more than 2 percent, the Powertrain Control Module will store the P0300 trouble code. This could be caused by one of the wires you disconnected; possible to a fuel injector or other component. I would recommend having one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an engine is misfiring inspection first, before completing or attempting any repairs. This could be a very simple solution or something larger; so it might be best to get another pair of experienced hands to help out.

• Nissan Altima 06 rps go up and down and now it shuts down while driving.