Q: Temperature gauge rises when stopped

While I am driving, my temperature gauge reads normal, but once I stop, the gauge begins to rise. Once I start driving again it drops back to normal. I don't know if it is the fan or a fuse that is not working properly.

A: It sounds like there may be a problem with ...

It sounds like there may be a problem with your cooling fan, particularly the fan clutch. The fan clutch has a mechanism, that based on the temperature of the engine, will either let the fan spin faster or slower. When this mechanism fails the fan basically is not engaged by the engine and just free wheels. When this happens, air does not get pulled across the radiator when the car is not moving, which in turn allows the coolant temperature to rise. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your why your vehicle is overheating. I am confident that they will most likely find that your fan clutch is faulty.