Q: Need help with roof rack on my car

I am having trouble with the roof rack on my car. I am used to the roof racks where the side bars are lifted off the roof of the car with a gap in between the rail and roof. So, when I had something to tie down, I would anchor the straps directly onto the side rail. With this car, the side rail is flush with the roof top with nowhere to anchor the straps. The only solution that I can think of is possibly anchoring to the base of the cross rail? Also, the antenna sticks up directly into the roof rack area. Is there an aftermarket part/attachment for the anchor points?

A: Hello. I’m not sure if there is an aftermar...

Hello. I’m not sure if there is an aftermarket part/attachment for the anchor points. I would suggest that you contact the dealer to see if they make this type of attachment, or a different type of roof rack that can be installed on your car. If I’m not mistaken you can unscrew the antenna to clear the area where the roof rack is.

It won’t hurt to try to place an anchor at the base of the cross rails. I would suggest that you anchor it down and test it for stability before driving the car.