Q: Navigation, radio, and A/C broken after battery replacement

My car had been sitting for quite a long time and the battery quit working. After charging my battery the navigation system, radio and air conditioning did not work. Why did this happen, and Is there a way to get this fixed?

Hello. Charging the battery should not damage the navigation or driver controls. However, you can damage your systems by charging it wrong. If using a charging station, the amperage and voltage that your charging at is important. As far as the damages that have occurred, get a scan done on the vehicle. Check for codes that may have been triggered. I would recommend you go to mechanic who has a scan tool that can power on those systems with the scan tool itself. Some shops or mechanics are not equipped to diagnose a more complicated issue. There is most likely a damaged electronic module or series of sensor that occurred during the charging process. If you need help having the fault found, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical system and pinpoint the cause.