Q: My truck has been smelling hot for a couple of months.

My truck has been smelling hot and now overheats and smokes on right passenger side. Could this be my radiator? It has been smelling hot for a few months. Now I can not drive it because the temperature goes to hot immediately. It's also not wanting to start right away. This has never been a pro. Just had the starter replaced two years ago.

When people describe a car as "smelling hot" I usually assume they’re catching a hint of boiling antifreeze. That could be from a leak that is spilling on a hot part of the engine or it could be that the truck is really overheating and blowing off some steam through the vent. In your case it may have been a leak, perhaps in your radiator, and now you’ve lost enough coolant to be a problem. If the car has been overheated, the thermostat has probably been damaged, so I suggest you replace the thermostat and refill the cooling system. This will enable you to run the car and check it carefully for leaks. With any luck, that’s all the trouble that you have, but honestly, with 300 K miles on your truck it could easily be a more serious problem like a head gasket. To have this job conveniently done for you, contact Your Mechanic and they will send a technician to your home or office to diagnose your overheating problem and tell you what needs to be done.