Q: my temperature light went on and off for about a week and then the radiator hose broke. How much would a repair like this cost?

my temperature light went on and off for about a week and then the radiator hose broke. How much would a repair like this cost? i don't have much money and i've gotten verbal quotes that are too much. I've used you in the past and have liked your services.

A: Hello there, A few different things may cau...

Hello there, A few different things may cause the temperature light in addition to the radiator hose. Most likely the temperature light is on due to the leak from the hose breaking. Other possibilities would be a failing coolant temp sensor, water pump, thermostat, or radiator. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the cause of the temperature warning light to determine what repairs are required. From there, the mechanic can replace the radiator hose as necessary and any other issues that needs to be addressed.