Q: My front signal lights are out and I want to know where the signal relay location is on my car

So I own a 1998 Audi A6 Quattro that has recently had its front turn signals go out. The dash arrows blink twice as fast. I replaced the bulbs with new ones and it didn't fix the problem. I was told I needed to get a new flasher. So I went to a local auto parts place and they gave me this small black box that looks almost like you can plug it into a wall. The problem now is that I don't know where the old one is located on my car. Not to mention that when I do Internet searches, everyone is talking about the hazard light box being the flasher instead. Can you help me?

A: The hazard light box is the correct part. W...

The hazard light box is the correct part. When looking at the wiring diagram, the front and rear turn signals go through the hazard light box. If you operate the 4 way flashers you should see the front and rear lights work. If after the switch is turned off you are still having the problem, then replace the hazard light box. The relay carrier under the dash is held up with the two bolts. Remove the bolts and the carrier will drop down to access the relay to replace it. If you are still having trouble or would just like to have this taken care of for you, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to install the hazard light box properly.